cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus NBN - Email stuck in OUTBOX

Just got NBN and my emails are not leaving outbox. Receiving emails no problem. Tried a few things form other posts but have not yet solved the problem. Need for work.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Optus NBN - Email stuck in OUTBOX

Hi @LMS12, are you using an email application or directly via → webmail. If it is via an application then double check your settings specially outgoing server → here

Here is some → troubleshooting assistance if it helps.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi I have read through a lot of stuff for a long time before I bothered to ask for help here and none of the easy to find instructions seem to be working. I have seen other threads with this problem, but they are old, unresolved or the proposed solution does not work for me. I do not have optus email and will not get one. I want to use the same email address I have had for 20 years in 7 countries that has always worked until now, with optus NBN. You can see my mail address with my account. I can receive emails without any issue with my old settings. I just cannot send emails. Please advice with specific instructions for this email. Cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @LMS12, is this only happening when you are trying to send email (Non Optus email) from  Optus NBN? Just to confirm are you using a VPN while connected to Optus NBN and what device are you using?  For issues related to mobile device  please click here.

Please refer to our Email Help & Support page for further assistance. If the issue still continues then you are best to speak with our Technical Support team via the messaging service to assist you further.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

No, I am not using a VPN. Confirming unable to send an email from my outlook since I got connected with OPTUS NBN. (note i have been able to send emails form 7 countries over a variety of connections for 20 years). I am not sure what the definition of a (Non Optus email) is. I have looked at several links and forums on this spent 6 hours before contacting you, please not not send me on a wild goose chase. You know my email address. I am on a MAC. I am using Outlook Version 16.16.26 (I do not know what year it is). Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

No worries @LMS12, thank you for letting us know. Apologies again that this issue has continue to persist.

So we are able to investigate this further for you, please feel free to reach out to us via our Facebook or Twitter pages so we can try and assist privately from there.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I am sorry I do not understand this instruction. Are you saying you cannot help me? Or that I have to go somewhere else for help. Other people have had this issue, I really need proper instructions. I cannot do my work without the ability to send emails. I just had this service connected, if I cannot send emails from it I will have to get another service. Please, please, please give me clear instructions, please do not randomly send me a link that has nothing to do with my issue. I have missed all of my deadlines today. I have never encountered this issue before anywhere. How can I get help, please be clear with your instructions.

I do not use facebook of twitter, nor do i intend to....ever

Someone also had this issue:

Question: Problems sending email after moving to Optus NBN. There is a solution  but it is for a pc and I have not been able to adapt it for a mac.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Apologies for this @LMS12. The reason why I referred you to our Social Pages is due to the fact that we can assist and potentially escalate this matter further in a private message setting.

Nonetheless, if you have attempted all the above troubleshooting we have provided, this issue may have to be investigated further on an account level. 

As you don't have access to Twitter or Facebook, I recommend getting in touch with our Technical Support team who are available from 8 am to 8 pm, 7 days a week.  

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Sadly this issue has not yet been resolved. I believe it is an issue that pertains to OPTUS Outgoing Port Blocking. So far no one at OPTUS has been able to understand or help with this. Sadly, this has happened to other people.

Read through https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/NBN/Outgoing-Port-Blocking/td-p/589683

If you want to learn more and properly advise me as to how to get help.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted

It's not great to hear that this issue has continued to persist @LMS12. I understand that other customers have experienced the same issue in the past, but for us to investigate this matter further, we will need to access account sensitive information, which we can't disclose on Yes Crowd as it is a public platform.

This is why I recommend trying to get in touch with one of our support platforms that can identify your account details securely so they can help further from there. Apologies again for the runaround this has caused.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors