cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor jay2260
New Contributor

Optus Iphone issues

Hi there, I have been having issues with Optus over the last few weeks. Phone just drops connection to network. This is leading to missed calls, unable to ring when you need. Switching airplane mode on and off leads to no signal for a while before acquiring signal. Not sure it is to do with Optus pulling away some 4G bandwidth for 5G or to do with iOS 13 software. Started off with my eSIM. Since then have changed about 4 SIMs and changed phones. Speaking to Optus, they say I am in a low signal area! come on I have been there for the last 3 yrs and the issue is only new. And we are not talking about a rural area . . but in an urban NSW central Coast region where Optus has started 5G to the home project! Optus have verified no tower faults or downage . . and would not own up to any issu from their end. Apple have swapped the phone and the issue has not gone away . . . So currently using a Belong SIM for a back up service on the phone . .the question now is should I ditch Optus permanently??

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Optus Iphone issues

Sounds like you've tried pretty much everything you can from your end, jay2260.

What's your contract status? What's the suburb? Do other family and friends on the same network have the same problem?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor jay2260
New Contributor

Re: Optus Iphone issues

Another 5 months to go in the contract. NSW central coast and Woy Woy peninsula. Other staff members in the practice with iPhone have the same issues as well
0 Kudos
Top Contributors