Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Online order promised 1 to 3 days delivery, but order confirmation email takes 7 days?!

I ordered an iPhone and iWatch for my wife. It stated that the delivery time is 1 to 3 business days but then an email came through with a temp order number stating that it can take up to 7 days just to receive the order confirmation.

Sorry but the initial time should then state 7 to 10 days. 

I find this disappointing. 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Online order promised 1 to 3 days delivery, but order confirmation email takes 7 days?!

I agree!! The website even goes as far as stating phone orders placed before 12pm are eligible for next day delivery in metro areas, its been nearly 48 hours later and I haven't even got an approval for the plan yet and no one can tell me anything!! I feel your frustration, extremely misleading.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Re: Online order promised 1 to 3 days delivery, but order confirmation email takes 7 days?!

@Sandra420@JT79, we do quote next day delivery for those in Metro areas. For those ordering from a regional area, we'll quote a delivery time-frame of five days.

This timeframe is from the day in which your application is accepted. Like all credit providers, it's subject to the result of your credit application. I can't say whether it's what's happened in your case, but from experience it sounds the application is pending with our credit team. 

If you'd like us to check on the status of your order, we're happy to so. You'll need to fill out the template below send it through as a private message.

Are you the primary account holder: Y/N

Your full name:

DOB:

Mobile number or order number: 

If you'd like to speak with a consultant in real time you can always speak with our sales support team on Live Chat → Optus.com.au/livechat. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Dan, that is very helpful. Hopefully helps out the original forum poster as well.

I had a lot of trouble finding information on the website about credit approval timeframes so It is very handy to know the delivery timeframe is "from approval" rather than from submission.

Sounds like I should just be patient for now 🙂 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

That's not a problem 🙂 Glad I could offer a bit of handy advice. If you're an existing Optus customer, we'll perform an internal credit check. in 9/10 cases, they're approved right on the spot. 

If anything else comes up, give us a shout!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Dan,

I am glad that you could assist Sandra. 

I however am in a metro area and I am an existing customer, I am still waiting the same time as those that are new or regional, hence I cannot really say that I accept that. Optus’ asvertising needs to be a bit more honest. At this stage 1 to 3 days seems completely out of the question. 

The watch and phone I ordered is on its way, and I too will be patient, just thought I’d call this out. 

Cheers 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

That's why this platform exists @JT79. Sometimes we need to be called out. 

There's another important thing to note.

All orders placed via online/self-serve flow into an admin queue for manual processing.

Depending on the number of orders; there may be a processing delay.

If you place your order via Live Chat; these orders are entered into our systems on the spot.

If your patience starts to wear thin, we're always here 😉 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

@Sandra420, I've just replied back to your private message.

You're welcome to chat with us there 🙂 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors