cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Number share problem

Hi all.

I have now tried twice unsuccessfully to activate number share. The second time was with the ‘help’ of a representative via the optus app chat feature. After each failed attempt (which take some hours because first you have to endure the watch app suggest it is activating number share, then you have to wait 4 hours as advised in the sms) I have received the same sms, i.e.,’There’s been a hiccup with your Optus Number Share activation request. Try again after 4 hours. For more info www.optus.com.au/NumberShar’.

I am posting here in the hope someone may be able to help.

Cheers.

4 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Number share problem

My problem is now sorted!

I went onto chat again and Nele helped me out. This time around, Nele enabled VoLTE in my account and had me reset my network settings. Voila! 

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have the same issue  what is VoLTE

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Found the setting and solved it myself.

This was after spending over 2 1/2 hours in the store with no solution......

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hey there. I’ve just set up my new watch with my IPhone XS Max. It still says I have no data plan when I try to turn data on on the watch. I selected to set up number share when I went through the set up probably about an hour ago. It’s still says activating but I haven’t received a message yet. Do I just wait to get a message before worrying about it? 

0 Kudos