cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor PippiR
New Contributor

Number Share Error

Trying to establish number share, but keep getting error on phone advising that account not eligible. However have confirmed through My Account that I am eligible. Have tried numerous chats, phone calls and been in store but Optus say that nothing wrong from their end an can’t fix. Surely it is a setting issues, Can anyone help or offer solution. Sick of being cut off on chat with Optus support

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Re: Number Share Error

For anyone having similar issues, @PippiR has messaged me privately and we are escalating the issue on our end to be investigated by our Mobile Support Team. Feel free to shoot me a message if you also require assistance.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Newbold12
New Contributor

It seems that after Optus migrated to a new backend system, it has blocked new number share setups. It has been escalated to the ‘backend’ team but no ETA on resolution. I’m not fussed yet but if this gets too lengthy then Optus may get the flick when my contract is over - then again, Telstra seems to have catastrophic failures on their networks ... who is the better of a bad bunch??

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Newbold12, this was an issue impacting small medium and business accounts. We've received a confirmation that a bug had been deployed as of yesterday afternoon. Of those I've offered to follow up with, they've all confirmed that the service is now running. 

If you need us to take a look, we're happy to do that.

Feel free to send us a PM with your account details. 

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor

Thanks Dan - yep, as of last night it was fixed. Glad to see it finally working.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

So are we @Newbold12

If anything else comes up, you're more than welcome to reach out to us in the future.

Have a great weekend. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor

Thanks @Dan_C - off for a bike ride - without my phone!