Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

No Service / SOS only

willp1

Over the last week, my phone has been dropping service, particularly over the last 4 days where I am unable to get any service at all. I have checked my local area for outages, there are none. I have reset my phone, sim, network settings, no change. I don't believe it is hardware as I do Occasionally do get a signal, 4-5 bars. My sim card is very old, I think it might either be ware on the card as it does have slight scratching on the surface, however i believe it to more likely be that my sim is a 2g sim given it's age.

Is there anyway to determine what the type my sim is?

Side note: I have checked my IMEI to see if it was blocked, it is not.

Thanks, Will

Solution

Re: No Service / SOS only

petergdownload

Just pop into any local Optus store. They can swap the SIM over for you on the spot.

Peter Gillespie

Davelew

Hi

The 2g network closed in the middle of last year so can't be that. might be worth putting the Sim into someone else's phone who has an unlocked phone or is on the optus network.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

willp1

I was heavily considering that until i noticed that my phone was detecting a simcard.

Going as far to pull the number and contacts from it as well. 

Davelew

Could be something to do with your phone settings so still might be worth popping the Sim into someone else's phone.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

willp1

reset phone to factory default and updated it. Your advice is well warrented but i find it unlikely at this point.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
9 Kudos
7 Kudos
5 Kudos
4 Kudos
3 Kudos