Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

New iphone xs has 'cloned' from my work iphone instead of my personal iphone

hairydanglybits

and there's no service and yes, I've tried resetting ... twice, and i've tried erasing. It still 'clones' from my work iphone (which is being shut down and not replaced)

Re: New iphone xs has 'cloned' from my work iphone instead of my personal iphone

petergdownload

What do you mean 'cloned'? 

Are you saying it has the same phone number as the work phone? 

If so then there's an issue with the SIM and probably esiest to drop into a Optus store and get it sorted.

Peter Gillespie

Re: New iphone xs has 'cloned' from my work iphone instead of my personal iphone

hairydanglybits

by 'cloned' i mean that the number of apps, their position on the desktop, the wallpaper etc are from the work phone

Solution

petergdownload

Someone might have a solution here but the issue isn't Optus related.

You'll need to check in with the Apple HelpLine.

Probably something to do with itunes/setting/devices and looking at backups.

Peter Gillespie

SamSam

Sounds like you have a backup of your work phone stored in iCloud which is attached to the email address and password you're entering when setting the phone up after erasing it. When you link your iCloud account to your phone during set up, by default it pulls through the latest back up for ease of use. I wouldn't think this would affect your ability to make calls or use the phone though but as a test, maybe set up a new apple account with a seperate email address and try entering that during set up. It'll mean it's completely fresh. If calls work then it is your back up causing the problem, if they don't then it's the phone, SIM or Optus service most likely. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

[ Edited ]
teleworm1

Thanks for the information about this actually I am also bought an iPhone and I have an issue with my iTunes account and I want to recover my iTunes account on my new iPhone is it possible or not. Whereas I already talked to the iTunes expert team for resolving iTunes error 1671.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
21 Kudos
18 Kudos
18 Kudos
9 Kudos
9 Kudos