Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
New Contributor jturn
New Contributor

New Phone Trade Up Before 12 Months

Hi, I have had my iPhone 7 Plus for 10 months now. 

I am on a $120 a month phone plan, and I simply cannot afford it anymore as I also pay $70 a month for wifi.

I am elligable for a new phone trade up. But as I haven't had this phone for 12 months, is there an extra fee I could pay on top of the $99 to trade in ASAP? I know two months isn't a long wait, but I am just curious.

Thanks 🙂 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: New Phone Trade Up Before 12 Months

Optus won't let you access the $99 upgrade until your 12 months are up.

I'm curious why you think paying and extra $100 to get a new phone with another mandatory 24 month contract will help?

You should contact Optus and find out if there is any penalty exiting your contract (many recent ones have no exit fee). You will have to pay out your handset costs regardless but you can then look at getting say a $40 SIM only plan.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Mike-N
RetiredModerator

Re: New Phone Trade Up Before 12 Months

Hello @jturn

Peter is correct, on the Optus New Phone Trade Up Plan, you'll need to wait until 12 months to access the $99 offer. However, on your plan you can simply pay out your phone's full remaining cost – including any amounts that Optus was going to cover – and trade-up to a new phone on a new 24-month plan before 12 months has expired. This way you'll also keep your phone. For more information, please see our Website here

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors