Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Netflix data free

Hello Can I sign up for a mobile wireless data plan ..eg using pocket wifi ...I only have an ipad and would like to be able to get the netflix free data deal. Is this possible ...i dont have a phone line.

thank you 

lynda 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Netflix data free

The cheapest you can get it for is $25; the $15 plan plus $10 extra for the TV option. But you will more likely pay for the $35 plan, to get the data, and free tablet or modem. However, if you get something free, you will have difficulty leaving the device contract. If you get nothing, then you can just exit. If I were you, I'd pick up one of the CAT6 modems.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/broadband/mobile-broadband/Plans?SID=con:omb:subnav:mbb:post:plans#Plan...

PS: Netflix will work on your smart TV.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your reply. I have my own ipad and unlocked pocket wifi ...so I really only need a data plan I really want the netflix free data ...I dont have have a phone line ..what are my options please based on what I have.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

It depends on how much other data you want, besides Netflix. However, the post paid plans have a catch - they bill you $10 for every GB you go over, and their metering is really laggy, so you wont know until a day later.

You have to protect yourself by buying a larger plan. That would be the $35 x 10GB  or $50 x 25GB or $70 for 100GB. I am on the 100GB plan, not that you should take notice of that.

These can be bought at Optus shops. You just ask for the $35 or $50 mobile broadband with TV, on 24 month contract. The top 100GB plan can be bought month to month, and still has TV. Make sure you get an email an hour after leaving the shop, saying you now have TV enabled.