Searching...

Mobile

Missing Emails in Webmail Urgent Assistance

trishc1512

Please I need urgent help.  Have been on the phone to Optus for 25 mintues but no answer.  My son is travelling overseas and need to get the itinary from his emails but when he logged in they are all gone.  He did read them and left them as unread but now they have gone.  They are not in trash.  Why does this happen.  He accesses his emails from his phone.  I have tried to access webmail from a computer and they are not there.

Highlighted

Re: Missing Emails in Webmail Urgent Assistance

petergdownload

You might be pressed for a response fast.

In the mean time if you have access to the documents needed elsewhere:

1) Create a Google Email Account (Free, Fast)

2) Use it to email the documents to the GMail Account

3) Give your son the email and password

But, also while its stressful, learning to have paper versions of important documents and multiple backups where they can be accessed online is part and parcel with travelling. Your son will possibly miss something but airlines,hotels etc. are pretty understanding most often. He'll get where he needs to be Smiley Surprised)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

petergdownload

DryaSan Reported (Spam links etc.)

Peter Gillespie

trishc1512

Thank you.  I did tell my son on numerous occassions to print the documents but kids will be kids and know better.  What I dont understand is why his emails are disappearing.  This is happening on a regular basis and this is not the first time.  He accessed the emails on the 26th and 27th of December.  When he went to access them again they were gone.  He did not delete them and there were not in his trash.  Optus tried to tell me it was because of a setup on his mobile that was deleting them.  Really, then why are all the emails not deleted and only random ones.  I have advised him to set up a GMAIL account as a back up.

Thank you for your response

petergdownload

Yeah, kids will be kids.  On the flip side when the do occassionally listen to you its quite satisfying Smiley Happy

Note as an alternative you can set any GMAIL account to automatically import any emails that also hit another address (i.e. Optus) that way a continuous live backup of any emails is stored there (in InBox settings).

Capture.JPG  

Happy Travels (Lucky guy to spending his holidays half way around the globe)

Peter Gillespie

trishc1512

Thank you.  I have set this option up now for both myself and my son.  Yes he was in Iceland last week and is in Boston now.  Bit different weather wise.  Snowing over there and 42 degrees here.  Appreciate your assistance

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
10 Kudos
9 Kudos
7 Kudos
7 Kudos
5 Kudos