cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Kusharma
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

MDM or Remote Management on Starting up iPad.

215157675_569416670725465_8577333449791427401_n.jpgMy iPad is out of contract and i am trying to start a fresh but I run into this error. The lack of processes in place for optus help is shocking and they don't seem to know what MDM or remote management even is. I have to sit there and explain it to them every time. Clearly shows that they have not been update. Has any one successfully got rid of this without having to resort to something stupid like bypassing this. as of now I am getting a solution is use a sim from a different provider. Going to try that in the evening and see if that helps. I have been told that IMEI lock has been removed but they have to get a code from apple. that helps stop this. It was suppose to come to my email in 1-10 business days. It has not come in the 10th business day is tomorrow

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Kyri_YC

Re: MDM or Remote Management on Starting up iPad.

Hey there @Kusharma, thanks for reaching out. 

It's definitely not great to see that you have been greeted with this message when completing a factory reset on your iPad.

If you can send a message to our teams on either Facebook or Twitter, they will be happy to investigate this situation in some further detail for you. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Kusharma
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus facdbook says go to the store the store says go to tech and the tech says go to apple and apple says go to optus.
0 Kudos
Kyri_YC

I'm sorry to hear this @Kusharma.

Did you happen to message our team on Facebook recently on this matter? If not, I recommend getting back in touch. 

Just to clarify with you, has this iPad ever been replaced via Optus? if so, there may have been an IMEI block placed on this replacement device.

To have this investigated further, it would be best to still get in touch with our Facebook or Twitter teams.     

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Kusharma
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I purchased this device in 2018 on a two year plan which finished up and i ordered a gen 5 ipad i reset this device to pass it on to a friend and there was a remote lock which I have been trying to get rid of… there was no replacement or anything
0 Kudos
Kartika

Hi @Kusharma, you have to erase this device from your Apple iCloud have you done this? Please refer to the → apple support page on how to erase the device from iCloud.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Kusharma
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

aYes
0 Kudos
Kusharma
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

How can I get rid of the imei lock

0 Kudos
Steven_YC

Hi @KSUHARMA - Please get in touch via Facebook or Twitter and we can assess this.

For more information on IMEI blocks though, you can find this via the AMTA IMEI Check website in relations to purchasing.

0 Kudos
Kusharma
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

The website you have suggested doesn't not show that a lock exists on the device. then why do i still have a screen..

0 Kudos
Top Contributors