cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Dharris90
New Contributor

Loan Phones

Optus has told me three different answers regarding loan phones while getting my phone repaired. The first phone rep told me to get in touch with the store to organise, the store told me to get in touch over the phone to organise a loan phone.

When I rang customer service after reading the step by step instructions on organising a loan phone here-
https://www.optus.com.au/for-you/support/answer?id=1454

The customer service rep told me that they do not offer loan phones at all and my only option was to sign a new contract or buy a new phone while mine is in for repair.

What is actually going on? I know this is a first world problem, but I’m just meant to not have a phone for 10 days? Surely they can arrange something. I pay insurance for this and I’m certain it states in my contract that loan phones will be available.
2 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Loan Phones

There was a ton of these complaints a while back and from what I understood it was up to Optus or the insurer to supply the loan phone to the store and that was not happening. 

I agree with you as its incomprehensible that a telecommunications company cant supply even a couple of cheap crap phones to get their customers out of jam especially when they have purchased insurance for this very purpose.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Loan Phones

We're going to need to review our communication around loan phones and customers can request one. 

It's causing a lot of confusion amongst not only the customers but our front-line teams. 

In short, we do offer loan phones.

You can ask agent who's organised your repair/replacement to place an order for a loan phone. All loan phones are dispatched from our warehouse and delivered directly to the customer. The loan phone must be ordered at the time of submitting the repair/replacement order. 

Our Retail stores do not hold loan phones on site. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors