cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor MissMelly
New Contributor

Iwatch4 number sharing issues

Getting the run around with setting up my cellular iwatch.

have rung Optus everyday and will be ringing yet again today. It constantly says my Optus account is not eligible on the iwatch app and it says it’s acceptable on the Optus app. I have been asked 5 separate times to unpair n repair my watch. I have been also told something is wrong with my account from the Optus end (not my fault) I have also been told that Optus number sharing is out. I have also been told the server has problems. I am also getting text from someone at Optus saying they have unsuccessfully tried calling me (at least twice a day) to which I have NOT missed any calls. No one has rung me!!! I have the phone with me at all times. I have rung Optus from my home phone everyday, at least twice a day!! Trying to get help.  And been on hold for a couple of hours total waiting.

I have been an Optus customer for many years. I put up with the dodgey reception much to the disgust of my family. Maybe this is enough.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Iwatch4 number sharing issues

Okay, so when you "unpair" and "re-setup" the watch again from scratch, this means the original mobile link is gone. But to Optus' systems its still there.

Simply contact billing or technical support, ask them to log an order to "remove number sharing", once the order completes then within the next 24 hours you should be able to set it up again.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
New Contributor

Thankyou for your reply. I will try this 

You’d think that Optus would have tried this already. Surely I am not the only person to have had this issue???

I bet when Optus start charging people for the service it gets resolved VERY promptly

A Christmas pressie that’s STILL giving..... lol.

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Finally success.

The issue was fixed by getting a new sim card

0 Kudos
New Contributor Stanshall
New Contributor

Did you go into an Optus store to get the SIM card? I’ve been having this issue for 2 weeks

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Hello there.

yes I had to go into the store to get a new sim.

your iPhone will show ICCID and MEID (settings/general/about)and from these number Optus can tell if your sim is outdated and won’t accept the iwatch

hope this helps

0 Kudos