cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
New Contributor
New Contributor

Is anyone else still waiting on Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS/Cellular)?

I placed my order over a month ago and still no word from Optus on when I will receive my gold Apple Watch series 3 GPS/Cellular. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is anyone else still waiting on Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS/Cellular)?

You are aware the 4 is out as that might have something to do with the back order.

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/mobile/applewatch

Highlighted
Blog Author

Hey @TinaShortcake - I'm sorry to hear about the delays with your order! If you could please send through a PM with your full name, DOB and account or service number, along with any order numbers you may have received for this, we'd be happy to take a closer look into this for you. Alternatively, you can chat to our Sales Support team directly here

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes still waiting and been waiting since July. A couple of weeks ago my order even disappeared from my online account. Contacted support and they assured me that the order was still there but could not tell me why it was removed.

all support ever advises is that they are waiting on stock and no idea when we they wil get more.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

@Mickwk, I've checked our most recent stock report (for our online and Tele-sales channel)

The Apple Watch Series 3 has reached end of life.

End of life: Device no longer being ranged

No further stock delivers from manufacture. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Where is the communication? Does that mean I’m entitled to an Apple Watch 4? 

What it it feels like, Optus has put this in the too hard basket and hoped no one would ask too many questions...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

I can't really disagree with you there @Mickwk, this should have been communicated and I'm sorry that wasn't the case.

We do have the Apple Watch S4 in stock. All colour variants are available.

If you're keen, I'd jump onto Live Chat. Request that they cancel the S3 order and place a new order for the S4.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Dan,

Thanks for your advice but they won’t fulfill an order for a newer watch cause I already have the phone. And then I am told to go to a shopfront and ask for an Apple Watch 3, however they cannot guarantee even if they have one in stock in store that I will be able to get one!

so I’m basically out of luck and Optus will do nothing to fulfill the order I placed in July.

this is going to the ACCC, after nearly a decade with Optus as well

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Can I take a look @Mickw? In some instances, we may be able to order the watch despite the fact that your post-paid mobile service is mid-contract.

Send us a private message.

I'll need your full name, DOB and mobile number. We'll take it from there.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors