Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
New Contributor
New Contributor

Iphone stolen in the store

My new apple phone from my Yes Cover insurance arrived in optus store June 14. They suppossed to call me and inform me that the phone is already there. I came there to check June 15,16 and 19, but they told me the phone is not there still (maybe delayed) they said. Today 21st i came back, they told me the phone was stolen inside the store last wednesday June 14. Because of the irresponsible staffs. I mean, it is ridiculous, it is their fault as it was stolen inside the store. They said they cannot do anything but just to wait for the police to get back to them. My bill is running without my phone in my hand..... 

I want to know what options I can do. Should the store or staff member pay for the stolen phone. Is it possible? Because they didnt offer any solution but just to wait for the police to get back to them and lodging a second insurance claim under my name. They are so incompetent. (Strathfield optus)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Iphone stolen in the store

Sounds like a fasinating case study (if it wasn't so annoying). 

First thing to know is most Optus Stores aren't run by Optus. They're a franchise that just sells Optus stuff. 

Common sense (and fairness) says the staff should arrange another phone pronto. But ...

Ultimately, you're just dealing with a situation where your phone has been stolen. Could have happened as a hold up as you left the store, or a break in after you got home or any other time. I'd suggest forgetting that Optus was involved. Your phone was stolen. You'll need to make another claim on your insurance. Its damn annoying and the store should definitely work to reimburse you any out of pocket costs via their insurance (keep in mind they are victims of this robbery too)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply. 

It was just so frustrating that they Lied to me several times that they didn't recieve the new phone from the insurance yet. They just informed me that the phone was stolen in the store, when i told them that the insurance already confirmed that the phone was recieved already by the store and even gave me a consignment # and the staff's name who received it. They know nothing, all i can get from them is "sorry". They might be a victim too, but they loose nothing. But my bill is running. It was a smooth process between me and the insurance, but it all got shattered when the phone reached that optus store. Clearly, worst branch and staffs. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Morning Yassy123 - very poor experience you've described here and we want to help.

Can you please shoot me a PM here with your full name, DOB and the account number so we can look into this for you.  

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.