Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Richardb1342
New Contributor
New Contributor

Iphone not connecting to the internet

My Iphone 7 has been having issues with the vast majority of my apps stop working, but a simple phone restart has always fixed the issue. Today however, it refuses to connect with the internet. I can still call and text. I've checked that both Mobile Data and roaming were turned on, I've restarted my phone, I've reset it's network settings and I don't know what else I can do to try and fix this issure.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kyri_YC

Re: Iphone not connecting to the internet

Hey there @Richardb1342. It's not great to hear that you are having some troubles connecting to the internet on your iPhone. 

If possible, are you able to test out your SIM card in another device? as this will help in seeing if the issue is to do with the hardware or potentially your SIM.

If you continue to experience issues with connecting to the internet on the other device, your SIM card could potentially be faulty.

As that may be the case, I would recommend getting a SIM replacement issued on your service. This can be done via one of our retail stores.

If your SIM card does end up working on another device, then there may be a fault occurring with your phone itself. 

If that is the case, it would be best to have your phone assessed directly with the manufacturer themselves to try and identify any potential faults. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Richardb1342
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you @Kyri_YC, I've tested my SIM card in another device and there's no issue there.

As you suggested, I'm going to get it looked by the manufacturer.

0 Kudos
Kyri_YC

No worries @Richardb1342

Feel free to reach out again if you have any further questions or troubles. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors