Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Halo
New Contributor
New Contributor

Iphone XR Phone repair

So i dropped my iphone XR and it is under the protection warranty but the motherboard is damaged and screen cracked (when i dropped it). I when into a store and the lady said it would not be covered because of the screen being cracked so i booked it in to get fixed by a apple certified repair place. Does this void my warranty or is this fine? And does the screen being cracked void the warranty she refused to even look into my case after telling her i had the device protection and insisted that it would not be looked into to till the screen was fixed.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Iphone XR Phone repair

Taking it to an apple certified repairer should not void the warranty, that just would not make any logical sense.

As for the cracked screen voiding the additional protection warranty you purchased that I'd be very surprised if that was the case. If Optus are claiming that it is not covered because of the broken screen then ask them to point out that exclusion in the insurance policy (you will need to confirm that the policy that they show you, if any, is actually the policy you purchased, not any old insurance policy).

If this is the insurance you purchased  it makes no reference to screen or display at all.

Halo
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply i have check my invoices and i do have device protection so i will take it to another optus store and see what they say its just so weird that i told her i have device protection and she refused me 

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Don't take it to a store. Phone the insurance number and arrange it to be repaired.

For NEW claims call us on 1800 501 971 and select Option 1 (Mon-Fri 8am-6pm; Sat 9am-6pm; Sun 10am-6pm; all times AEST)

You can even do it online but Optus recommend the phone method as potentially faster:

https://mbp.marsh.com/mbp/welcome.do?companyID=optus

Many Optus stores have nothing to do with products and services after they sell them to you (i.e. they will tell you to contact Optus directly to resolve them). Whoever you spoke to seems to have given you very bad information.
Top Contributors