Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
kadf94
New Contributor
New Contributor

Iphone X - Shippment

Hi im just wondering if anyone knows about iphone next shippment date?

I have noticed that on Optus website - stated there that they will strt shipping from Dec 1.

When i pre ordered last Oct 27 - they stated that, it will be 2-3 weeks wait - which means around this week or next week. 

I am just wondering if anyone knows if that timeframe will still be valid?  Thank you. 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
fjb001
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Iphone X - Shippment

There seems to be a shipment from tomorrow, as some users are receiving messages tonight that their order has gone to be packaged (i.e. Optus has some stock, and will begin shipping some orders). 

0 Kudos
NexusQ1
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Looking at orders after me, it appears that i have been skipped, along with other orders about 4 of them for 256SL. At least one guy before me finally got the X 256SL. 1 256SL after my current order will get it soon.

Despite an note placed on my order by the webchat person last friday... it appears i have been skipped again...

I really need to get this order delivered by Thursday... no exceptions. Friday is NOT a good time. And this has been a total joke.

I could have confirmed my order on Monday 31/10/11 but the phone person said don't call us, we'll call you, and i ended up with people who pre-ordered later with delivery of 16/11? Wow. Preorder suppose to be early access, not LATE access.

0 Kudos
SamSam
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

OMG @NexusQ1 are you really going to suffer that much if you don't get your phone this week? You've posted the same thing so many times on this forum, it's not going to help you so why do you keep jumping into other peoples threads??

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
NexusQ1
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Yes i don't need the iPhone, but i and many people have been inconvienced here.

the basic idea is that Pre-order MEANS i should get it early, but that is not the case, and again the anger is towards waiting. If we pre-order we need to get it early.

I have emailed the moderator indepth detail about my iPhone, but i am not getting any help again. This felt like bullying, last week without any information about this order... and now only discovered they are not following allocation.

I was planned for 3/11 and 6/11, now those plans are going to interrupt my work commitments. Inconviences me again.

0 Kudos
SamSam
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

I feel like inconvenience is even too strong a word. It's being delivered to you, you're not required to go chasing it around town. The only effort you're putting in is continuously posting on here and calling Optus. 

the basic idea is that Pre-order MEANS i should get it early - No, it doesn't. It means you've secured yourself a handset it doesn't mean you'll get it early. 

If we pre-order we need to get it early - Again, no you don't NEED to receive it early.

This felt like bullying - This isn't bullying. It might not be the best customer service but it's certianly not bullying.

and now only discovered they are not following allocation - You don't have any idea how their ordering system and allocation procedures work. You have the assumptions you've made but you haven't provided any significant proof they aren't following it. And no, order numbers aren't proof unless you can tell us exactly how their process works.

now those plans are going to interrupt my work commitments. Inconviences me again. - How? It's only possible for it to affect your work if you allow it to. If you've requested it be delivered to your place of work or believe you NEED to leave early to get to be home or get to the post office to collect it, that has nothing to do with Optus and is entirely your choice. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
fjb001
Contributor
Contributor

More iPhones are getting delivered tomorrow. StarTrack's website indicates that they've received the manifest and are processing the order.

0 Kudos
NexusQ1
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

lols, lost my long post. anyway..

any form of "leaving early, going to collect from post office" is an inconvience on my part, especially with meetings that i have to be at... and no deliveries at work, and who is to say that i have to lose an entire day of work just for this? I can't claim SICK day as well for this.. that is just being dishonest.

postoffice might be okay, but i have no idea how StarTrack works? does it leave it with Australia Post?

Besides this is more about anticipation, it has been delayed just too much... 1/11 order confirmed and i get it 13 days later.

Mostly I believe Apple diverting stock for stores is the problem. Store people mostly are just resellers, i hope resellers gets punished, including people buy 1 for them selves and then resell the others.

Pre-order should be #1. Optus again last week i have been going bonkers the entire week on the forum is because no moderators or anyone is telling or trying to help all of us.

Pre-order is also anticiptation, majority of people felt like they have been duped, sure the minority will cast it away, "i can wait" mentality. But don't try to ruin it for the majority please.

0 Kudos
fjb001
Contributor
Contributor

In my experience with StarTrack, they will leave a calling card if you're not at home and you can pick up from the post office. 

0 Kudos
JenniferInglis
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

They will leave a missed delivery card either in your mailbox or at your front door. It will direct you to your closest Australia Post office to collect. 

I agree with you that Pre-orders are important but there are in store orders in the same boat as you - which are just as important. I had to pre-order in store because I am trading in my 7+ They needed to inspect it to make sure it was in good condition and pay the $99. 

I pre ordered the first day it was available to do in store.

In store pre orders do not get an order number. Online customer at least get an order number that they can “track” I know the tracking is not up to date but people can still jump online and put their number in and see something.

I just have to sit patiently and wait for my store to call and tell me it has arrived. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors