Searching...

Mobile

Iphone 8 Online order for 59.00 plan

Mia123

I would like to know how I go about ordering the online special for Iphone 8 at 59.00 expiring on the 03td of Jan? I have copies of the advertised speical, as well as, the terms and conditions and a copy of my chat with one of your operators who advised I'm applicable to go ahead and still waiting for my email from her to back order? I have copies I can provide to "CHOICE" and the Obudsmand.

Re: Iphone 8 Online order for 59.00 plan

Jaxc

I contacted Optus yesterday via Online Chat re this deal and was informed there is no back order however they will put you down on a waiting list.  If they have no stock by the 03/01/2018 it's bad luck.  They were pushing the iphone 8 plus at $64 which I'm not interested in and they did say this was an online only deal and can be pulled at anytime.  I'm not sure why it's so difficult Optus to allow me to place the order and when you have stock simply send it out???

[ Edited ]
Mia123

Obviously, between Optus hierachy and Optus staff members the communication is appalling. Is should have stated on their website, "UNTIL STOCK LASTS".

I wasn't told by the live chat operator that I was put on a waitlist. As far as I'm concerned, I'll be leaving it up to the TIO to investigate.

The deal was too good to be true and once Optus realised this and it got out of hand, they pulled it. SIMPLE. What they didn't count on, is the negavtive feedback and backlash.

Mia123

Hi everyone,

Just letting you all know that I think it's best we all jump ship to Vodapone. I've spoken to one of their live-chat operators and, can honestly say that the experience was a much more pleasant one.

They have an Iphone 8 deal at $69.00 per month. I've come to the conslusion that even though it's $10.00 more than the original Optus deal of $59.00 for the same mobile, I'd much rather pay extra and get better service.

In saying that, I still suggest going to the TIO like I have and have them investigate it.

EHL

Thanks for that, I'm going to check out Vodaphone.

I'm so disappointed with Optus especially the way they treat their exisiting customers. 

Mia123

Hi,

from what I can see, the Iphone 8's are obviously available as they've restocked them. This is displayed on their website.

Now, just waiting for a call back seeing as I was promised I'd be on a waitlist and would recieve a call once restocked.

Highlighted

Gen_R

Hi @Mia123. I've replied to your other post. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Jaxc

I'm yet to hear anything back from Optus re iphone 8 $59.00.  I think it was poorly advertised about stock levels, I don't recall that part being highlighted.  Also I find it misleading becuase I could still see you could place an order for an iphone 8 on higher plan so therefor it makes common sense why one would assume they were not out of stock.  Optus you have any integrity you should honour the deal for the new customers who's name and contact details your online chat team took down and make contact with us so we can resolve the matter once and for all.

Has anyone posted this on their FB page?

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
16 Kudos
6 Kudos
5 Kudos
5 Kudos
4 Kudos