cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Iphone 8 Christmas deal pricing?

I went online last night and accepted the Christmas deal to get an iphone 8 for $59.  I added the larger storage phone for $10 more dollars.  I read everything very clearly and hit submit to accept the costs etc.  Then recieve an email saying my monthly payments will be $104!!!!  Says $59 for the service and $45 for the phone.... doesn't say anything about the $10 I added on and this $45 was NEVER mentioned anywhere else.  I called Optus last night and the guy new nothing about this and transfered me and I got disconnect (of course).  Has anyone else signed up for this deal and recieved an email with much larger costs?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Iphone 8 Christmas deal pricing?

Hi,

Just looking at the offer myself for you, it seems you get a $45 credit per month on your account to cover the handset.  So your charges are $59 + $45 + $10 = $114, but you get $45 credit.

APPLE IPHONE 8 256GB GOLD CHARGES
$55 PER MONTH DEVICE CHARGE

MONTHLY

$55

DEVICE CREDITMONTHLY
- $45

I'd use the online chat function on the site to confirm the order. Its possible something went a little wrong when the order was submitted.  I find calling much harder to get someone decent, but never have a problem with the chat feature.

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

And yet they sent me this in email... and no mention of the $10 extra for the larger storage phone. and currently on hold with them for 1.5 hours!?!?!?!?!

PLAN PAYMENTS

$59 My Plan Plus OVER 24 MONTHS MONTHLY       $59

iPhone 8 256 Silver PAYMENTS

$45 PER MONTH         MONTHLY       $45

ENTERTAINMENT

Mobile TV Streaming (Activates up to 4 days after handset received)        MONTHLY       $0

Music Streaming        MONTHLY       $0

CHECKOUT SUMMARY

TOTAL MONTHLY       $104

Min. Total Cost $2496 over 24 months

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Apologies that you've had trouble, @RowanRenee. Were you able to get any further assistance with our billing team? Happy to follow up on this for you if you'd like PM us here with your order number, full name and DOB.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors