cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor squish91
Occasional Contributor

Iphone 5s freezes

I am about 20/21 months into my 24 month contract and for the past two months or so my iphone has been freezing, i've been unable to answer calls or reply to texts without turning my phone on and off numerous times. Is there anything optus can do about this? (since I did originally get the phone from you)

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Iphone 5s freezes

You might have to try resetting it. There are many posts on the Apple forums on this topic.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5407710

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I've tried that but i'm still experiencing problems.

Does anyone know how far into a 24 month contract you are eligable for an upgrade? I'm just wondering if its better to just give up with my current phone and either try and get upgraded to another plan + phone. Or even just getting a temporary phone until my contract completely ends. :/

Thanks in advance for any help!

0 Kudos
Moderator Shauna

Hey @squish91 - if the handset is faulty it is best to have this looked into under warranty. Have you taken the handset in-store to be assessed? 

With regards to upgrading, you can upgrade after the 12 month period providing you pay out your current handset (if theres a fault) or you may be eligible for the $99 trade up offer (handset has to be in good condition). 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Yes I went into the Inaloo store before I posted on here and the guy there was pretty rude- just told me to take it to the apple store and there wasn't anything optus could do about it which was a very frustrating. Thought I would get some better advice on here. I have kept a glass screen protector over the screen at all times and a jelly phone case but there has definetly been some wear and tear over the past 1.75 years from it accidently falling out of my hand/pocket ect.  

0 Kudos
Moderator Shauna

That's very disappointing. Our stores are trained to handle manufacturing enquiries, the team member certainly could have assessed the handset and perhaps sent it off under warranty to be repaired. 
I can certainly understand the wear/tear side of things. I've had my 7 Plus for about 1 year now and it's definitely had better days!

Can you please PM me with your details so we can take a look? I'll see how long you've got left on your contract. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it. Stupid question but how do I PM you?

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Moderator Shauna

You're welcome Smiley Happy

If you click on my profile, there should be the option to send me a message. 

0 Kudos