Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Shellcaster
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Iphone 12 constantly dropping network

Hi. I thought I post a follow up to this just close off the issue and hopefully help anyone else that experiences this problem.

I took the phone back to an Optus store last week. The team member I spoke to knew exactly what I was experiencing and had seen it on both Apple and Samsung 5G phones. He changed me over to a physical Sim and checked that 5G was set up on my account. He said that the activation was missing some information and after a few minutes at his computer said that it should be fixed now.  My phone hasn’t dropped mobile data once since.

Jack_YC

Hey @Shellcaster, great to see that the team in store could sort this out for you. I've flagged your feedback for the relevant management teams to review. If you ever have any other questions, please reach out. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

BoYuan
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Shellcaster,

My new iPhone 12 Pro has the exact same problem like yours, the network gets dropped if I go to a new location, especially annoying whenever you need to sign in due to COVID, you realized your phone again had no internet services!
My new iPhone has eSIM as well, can you please let me know which store did you go and eventually solved the network problem?
Many thanks.
Jono_YC

Hi @BoYuan it's not great to hear that you're experiencing issues with your mobile service.

We recommend keeping across our Network Status page, which provides up-to-date faults and works that may be impacting your service. You can also register for updates by clicking on the respective mobile tower, and then selecting “Log a fault”.

We also have a range of troubleshooting steps that may help with mobile faults

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. Our team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

We're also available to assist via Social Media. Please send us a private message to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Hustlerides
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi @Shellcaster, I too would love to know what they did for you in-store, as I have been experiencing the same issue on my Samsung S20 plus. I drive rideshare and this issue is costing me a small fortune in lost trips, cancellations and penalties, not to mention the frustration every time I need to toggle airplane mode (while I'm driving) just to get my data connection back.

I have done everything, reset network settings, turned off 5G, raised an online support ticket, been in store and had my sim card replaced and had them check my account settings.

It seems to happen when I am crossing between certain mobile towers and Optus seems to be aware of the issue, yet the Network Status page says that everything is ok.

Please if anyone can help, I'd be forever grateful as my next option is to terminate my contracts early and switch providers, as this is unsustainable for me.

Thank you and best regards.
0 Kudos
z_hook

Hi @Hustlerides,

It's certainly disappointing to hear of the ongoing issues you've had with this.

We recommend following our step-by-step Troubleshooting Guide which will have some handy tips on how to possibly resolve your issue.

If you do continue to face issues, we'd recommend messaging our Tech Support via the My Optus App or by calling 13 13 44.

We're also available to assist via Social Media. Please send us a private message to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

Shellcaster
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I went to the.Ringwood Victoria Optus store. Unfortunately I can’t remember the team members name. He deleted the esim from the phone, replaced it with a physical sim and reset the network. I don’t know what he did on the account end but he did say something wasn’t set up right.
0 Kudos
dcad77
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for sharing. Both me and my husband moved are experiencing the same issues with our new iPhone 12 devices. Does this mean we need to go into the store and have our eSims replaced with new Sims to resolve this issue? It has been very frustrating as this issue has also been happening since we ported across in February. Can someone from support provide the correct process customers need to follow to get this issue resolved quickly. 

0 Kudos
Jack_YC

Hi @dcad77, it's not good to see you're experiencing this issue with your service. Before you visit an Optus Store, I recommend taking a moment to speak with a member of our technical teams via the My Optus App or our Messaging page. They may be able to resolve this for you without you having to go in store. 

Top Contributors