Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Tis777
New Contributor
New Contributor

Iphone 12 Pro Max won't send MMS.

Hello

I have a new iphone 12 Pro Max and I cannot send MMS, I have enabled the sending MMS in the messaging field and this has not fixed the issue. I can send picture messages in other messanging applications. I cannot  receive  photos also.  The phone is running the latest IOS.

cheers

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Tuong_YC

Re: Iphone 12 Pro Max won't send MMS.

Hey @Tis777, when you re-contracted onto the new handset - did you also replace your sim card? If not, I would recommend heading into Local Store and the teams on site will be able to provision a replacement free of charge and activate the service on the spot.

Replacing your SIM card will clear any interruptions to the connectivity as well as update the hardware and device settings. Give those a shot and see how you go

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

AndS
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Tuong_YCThere have been a number of iphone 12 MMS issues lately.  The recommendation is to get a new SIM.

Is there a known issue with the iphone 12 when using old SIM cards when trying to use MMS? If there is then how do end users determine which SIM cards are affected?

If there is no known issue then why does replacing the SIM card fix the sending of MMS's?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Steven_YC

Hey @AndS - We're currently not aware of any isolated issues with iPhone 12's and MMS however, if a SIM card can be replaced, we can then determine if this is isolated or not. Replacing the SIM card itself can often resolve network related issues similar to a phone reset at times.

Based off the results from the replacement, we can have the it raised to be investigated by our Technical team.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Bosley
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have set up my phone with an eSIM and it won’t let me send MMS after going through the troubleshooting. How would a new sim help with this?
0 Kudos
Vin_YC

Hi @Bosley, thanks for reaching out to us here.  Sorry to hear you're having troubles with MMS after switching to an eSIM.

Can you please reach out to us by a private message via our Social Media pages (official Optus Facebook page or Twitter page) where we'll be able to obtain your details securely and check your service configuration.

Alternatively, you can reach us on a smart device via our Messaging service on the My Optus app 24/7.

Top Contributors