cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Contributor Jantu70
Contributor

Ipad

I have an Apple I Pad 2 purchased 28thSept 2012 from Optus,last Sunday the operating system of the I pad just closed down for no reason it was working then a wheel came up and a message saying Activation Error came up ,then IPad not set up message .Activation could not be completed ,please press home button if situation persists please contact customer care.

I contacted Apple Support who claimed the Apple ID and passwords were wrong and asked me to email to them proof of purchase by email and they would do a reset of Apple ID and contact me in 24 hrs to set everything up.

I haven’t heard from them and I wondered if anyone could help I have the phone number allocated to I pad from Optus but there is a conflict is with an optus net email address which was used to set up our WiFi I believe and is not allowing me to set up an Apple ID again into the I Pad 

I realise the I Pad IOS 9.35 is no longer supported by Apple but all my study files are in the I pad and I need to retrieve , I may be interested in purchasing a replacement I pad if mine has given up for age reasons .

please can someone advise me best option for me .

I have an I phone 6s which is fine but I need an I pad liked to my phone as I always have had since 2012 .

I had this problem before with Apple ID and Dave from the yes Crowd helped 

0 Kudos
12 Replies
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

Re: Ipad

Hey @Jantu70 - thanks for reaching out! As it would be out of warranty with us, i'm afraid we wouldn't be able to assist you, however we can arrange the proof of purchase if you're after one still. We would recommend contacting them again asking what the status is. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor Jantu70
Contributor

Hi Shauna, Obviously Apple will wish to charge for the repair as the IPad is out of warranty I just checked again and tried to get in with assistive touch but without Apple ID (which I have but no password) I can’t activate the iPad . Am I better off recontracting for a new I pad ? But I still would be able to retrieve my data is that correct . Most of the data is on my iPhone anyway.
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

I'll be honest with you (from my own previous experience), they generally have a shelf life of 2-3 years. I purchased an iPad in 2011 and it lasted until mid 2014 before it kicked the bucket. It's up to you if you'd like to have it repaired, but yes, more than likely there would be a cost to do so.
If you'd like to spoil your self, then you can certainly re-contract to a new iPad if you wish 🙂 There has been a large change in the size of the device as well as the internal memory/processor since 2012. The decision is totally up to you!

With regards to retrieving your data, providing you have packed this up or can still pack it up to iTunes, then you should be able to retrieve everything. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor Jantu70
Contributor

Hi Shauna, Thanks for the info I have pretty well decided to get a new I pad on the $35 a month  deal currently showing on the website .

I have been a customer since 2007 so should be ok I would imagine 

Regards 

Jantu 70 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

I was actually looking at that one too! Feel free to jump into your local store to take a look at it first if you like, our reps can answer any further questions you have 🙂 

0 Kudos
Contributor Jantu70
Contributor

Shauna just one more question ,I had a look on the website and went through the order process all went well until I got to the ID section , I don’t have a drivers license now for medical reasons although I have had an optus account with lots of billing history since 2007.

can I use other photo ID ,I have a student card ,photo taxi card .Debit and credit cards etc

Should I ring billing and get a pre authorization if I decide to purchase .

thanks 

Jantu70

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

That's a tricky one. Do you have a Passport or Keypass? 

0 Kudos
Contributor Jantu70
Contributor

Yes I had forgotten about the licence thing ,what’s a Keypass ,perhaps I could ring the credit dept I’m a good customer I think and already on a wi fi and phone plan with Optus although out of contract .

jantu70 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

A keypass is essentially exactly like a drivers licence, just doesn't allow you to drive. Regardless of whether you're an existing customer, we need to sight ID, this is to avoid fraudulent activity 🙂

0 Kudos