Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

International Diversions Voice and SMS

GPC
Spoiler
i am going to Japan later in the month and intend to remove my Optus Sim from my iPhone and insert my Japan Sim.

I assume before i remove my Optus Sim i can divert all calls to my Japan number and the diversion costs are covered under my Optus plan's free international calls to Japan.  Does that sound right?

Secondly is there a way to divert my SMS messages (not iMessages) to my Japan number?

Re: International Diversions Voice and SMS

caaf

As far as I’m aware you can’t devert to international numbers and text can not be deverted full stop. I will happily be corrected if my brain hasn’t assimilated current info.

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. Smiley Wink
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Re: International Diversions Voice and SMS

xyberhanz

You can divert calls to international/overseas numbers if your international call service is active

In my case, while on ROAMING, I diverted all the calls  received by my optus number to a local number overseas, and I end up getting charged for the diverted calls.

# my plan includes unlimited calls and sms and 2GB international roaming data to any countries in Zone 1 including the country I’m visiting

Weird part is I am using my Optus number on ROAMING to call and send sms to numbers in Australia and country I am visiting in Zone 1 and I WAS NOT CHARGED.

i am only CHARGED when I diverted calls received by my Optus number to a local number in a country I’m visiting.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
20 Kudos
18 Kudos
17 Kudos
10 Kudos
9 Kudos