cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor GPC
New Contributor

International Diversions Voice and SMS

Spoiler
i am going to Japan later in the month and intend to remove my Optus Sim from my iPhone and insert my Japan Sim.

I assume before i remove my Optus Sim i can divert all calls to my Japan number and the diversion costs are covered under my Optus plan's free international calls to Japan.  Does that sound right?

Secondly is there a way to divert my SMS messages (not iMessages) to my Japan number?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Crowd Champion caaf
Crowd Champion

Re: International Diversions Voice and SMS

As far as I’m aware you can’t devert to international numbers and text can not be deverted full stop. I will happily be corrected if my brain hasn’t assimilated current info.

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. Smiley Wink
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor xyberhanz
Contributor

Re: International Diversions Voice and SMS

You can divert calls to international/overseas numbers if your international call service is active

In my case, while on ROAMING, I diverted all the calls  received by my optus number to a local number overseas, and I end up getting charged for the diverted calls.

# my plan includes unlimited calls and sms and 2GB international roaming data to any countries in Zone 1 including the country I’m visiting

Weird part is I am using my Optus number on ROAMING to call and send sms to numbers in Australia and country I am visiting in Zone 1 and I WAS NOT CHARGED.

i am only CHARGED when I diverted calls received by my Optus number to a local number in a country I’m visiting.