Searching...

Mobile Products & Network

Highlighted

IPHONE X - DELIVERY DATES LISTED!

anthonyn

Okay yes, Optus is dead to me as soon as I get this phone I'm buying out my plan straight away because Optus is the worst company. Anyway, I have some intel if you have ordered the phone and received your CONFIRMATION (not temporary order number) email on the 27th or 28th of October. The dates your iPhone will be delivered: 

•  09/11/2017 : Customer service told customers it was delayed however customers have received their phones today. Only a very limited amount of iPhones were delivered. 
  • 10/11/2017 : More deliveries are happening, however, there is a very little chance you will get yours today. 
  • 14/11/2017 : This is to finish up any pre-orders that were confirmed on the 27th and start the deliveries for confirmed orders on the 28th. 
  • 16/11/2017 : This will finish orders confirmed on the 28th and start delivering later dates. 

Most of you are wondering how I know this, well thank God my friend who works and corresponds in the Optus warehouse with Apple about the delivery dates and his confirmed that there is, in fact, a schedule which means Optus staff are lying to customers stating "we don't know when the next batch will arrive". He also confirmed that due to high demand Apple has needed to take away some iPhones to give to the Apple stores which is why it's taking so long to get our phones. 

I will continuously post more information when I get it handed to me as this forum is the only place anyone can receive help from Optus now. As we can no longer trust any Optus staff member who is just handing out lies on a silver platter. 

Hope I helped at least one person!

Re: IPHONE X - DELIVERY DATES LISTED!

JenniferInglis

I literally just had someone from optus tell me that they have not allocated me a phone because they are unsure when they will receive stock. 

petergdownload

'literally' has no part in that sentence.

Regards

I am literally Peter Gillespie

Jessd52

I’ve just been told they received a shipment today and won’t get another for a week and I wasn’t allocated a phone 

petergdownload

If you hope to help one person then hopefully it will be you. Buying out your contract on day one will be costly as Optus heavily subsidise the cost of purchasing the most expensive phone on the planet (so long as you are a customer).

As to your 'insider' information, frankly its meaningless. There's a world wide shortage of iPhoneX and Apple are prioritising US customers and Apple stores. 3 million phones and 90 million US iphone users. Its amazing anyone in Oz got one.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

RyanCheung
Hi Peter, Really don't know where you get the information of' 90 millions demand for just 3 millions stocks.' I saw you stating this in almost every post you reply. Here is what I have about the production of iPhone X: From October, the production lines have increased to 35 lines and daily output is 250k of iPhone X. Until end of October, prosecution lines have been increased to 60 lines and expected to increase to 100 at the end of November. Analysis predict that output amount of iPhone X is 40 millions in 2017. And here is the market situation now: In hong Kong and China, there are peoples buy a lot of iPhone X at launch day for the purpose of selling them and making profit. This people did make a little profit at the first day for very few amount. They are now selling what they have in hand for the price cheaper than they but it from Apple because the demand is not that high as they expect and no one buys from them. Some online retailer offer discount price for current stocks as well. So, the demand is not as high as you expect and there are enough stocks in the market. This is all just APPLE's sale strategy to keep customers waiting but It seems not work as well as before.

petergdownload

Three million iPhoneX stock is what analysts surmised Apple would have available world wide on its launch date. 90 million is the number of iPhone users in the US currently. If just 5% of them decide they want to  upgrade on day one then that's pretty much the entire inventory gone. Its not particularly factual, just given as an indication that getting an iPhoneX in the launch week would likely be akin to winning a loto.

Apple have indeed been ramping up production since then and it seems probable most orders will be filled before Christmas. My comments relate only to launch day (and the fact that "I haven't got my iPhone" posts here account for 50% of posts lately suggests that was a reasonable call). 

IMO (and from what you say others opinion) buying the iPhoneX is already paying an inflated price for essentially the same product that can be got for much less already (i.e. iphone 8). Its not surprising that the punters felt paying even more for the most expensive phone on the planet was not a good idea.

I disagree its been an Apple sale strategy. Every iPhoneX sold is just money for jam for Apple (see previous paragrapgh). Limiting supply hasn't increased overall demand at all.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

niko9898

Any updates guys??

I just went in to Optus and they said no delivery until late November (29th i think he said). Wtf??? Preordered on the first day and apparently I was one of the first on the list.

Spoke to a guy at apple and he was shocked...

petergdownload

Optus staff would be quoting delivery times if you ordered today (So 3 weeks).

The start of this post suggests yours will arrive in the next few days.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

niko9898

I told him I preordered on the day preorders opened and that's the date he gave me (end of nov)

Post a Reply
iPhone X now available to order

Stock will be limited.Read More

Top Contributors
13 Kudos
10 Kudos
8 Kudos
7 Kudos
7 Kudos