cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor ezramorann
New Contributor

I upgraded my phone and don't like it - can I exchange it?

Hoping someone can please help me! I just upgraded to the new iPhone XR on Saturday on a plan, 2 days ago & I actually really dislike this phone & much prefer the iPhone 8. I regret choosing this phone & don’t want to be stuck paying $123 per month for a phone I hate. Is there any way I get a different phone? I’m really sad & don’t want to be stuck with this phone 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Phone plan - upgrade

Given the iPhone XR is pretty much to of the line (and has identical fw to an iPhone 8) it's surprising it evokes such a strong negative response.

Contact Optus directly, face book /live chat and it might be possible they switch the phone to another model. That's very unlikely though 

In your situation the main option is to just buy the phone you want. Sell the car Smiley Surprised phone on eBay "new" (don't open the box). Might take $100 off the rep but consider that the cost of changing your mind.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Phone plan - upgrade

Yes, change of mind would be outside of Optus' Return Policy.

Good tip from Peter, your likely best option would be to try and sell your iPhone XS, ezramorann. What don't you like about it? I've got an iPhone 8.

You probably don't need to sell your car as unintentionally suggested as well 🙊 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy