Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
New Contributor Katty99
New Contributor

I cut my Micro-SIM card too small

I got a handed down an iPhone 5 (I think) and it uses a Nano and I have a Samsung Verizon 4GLTE Galaxy Core Prime, which uses a Micro-SIM, and saw videos saying you could cut it down to fit an iPhone 5 Nano so I thought maybe I could give it a try (I don't know why I thought so either because I'm stupid) and now it doesn't fit size-wise in the iPhone nor my Samsung now. Could I try to find either a Nano/Mirc sized case that fits around just the SIM (cause there's no plastic around it now just the SIM) and see if it works or have I already damaged the SIM too much and now it won't work with anything? What do I do? 

Please help, thanks

Katty

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Crowd Champion caaf
Crowd Champion

Re: I cut my Micro-SIM card too small

Hey,

What you'll do is pop into a Optus store and ask them to organise a multi fit sim replacement. Of course there's no need to mention you got stuck into the old one with a pair of scissors. With that it'll atleast cover all current devices.

Optus Store Locations

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Hi Katty

The chaces are it won't work now so I would get a replacement SIM.   If you have an Optus store near you they can give you a blank SIM and activate it with your old number, if not go to online chat snd you should receive it the next day.   Tell them you damaged the SIM removing it from your old phone, not a lie.

Edit.  Sorry duplicate post but same thoughts.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

Hi @Katty99 - Thanks for reaching out to us. What @Davelew & @caaf mentioned is correct. Our store will provide you with a blank SIM for free, you shouldn't need to give them a reason why. If you're unable to make it into a store, we can certainly arrange a SIM replacement from our end. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors