Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
57ride
New Contributor
New Contributor

Huawei Dongle

Hey all

I am stuck in quarantine at a hotel in melbourne with no wifi.

They have given me a Huawei E5577 50G Mass Mode

I am trying to connect it to my 2019 MacBook Air.

The message I get is 

"Oooops  Somethings not right

If you're getting this page when you are trying to connect to the internet, you probably need to recharge or at least get some more date

I have contacted the concierge but they are useless, telling me I need to register first, but can only register if I have a mobile phone with Optus, I don't as I am on Telstra.

Any idea how I can get set up with this dongle ?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jono_YC

Re: Huawei Dongle

Hi @57ride thanks for reaching out. It's not great to hear that you're experiencing issues setting up your 4G dongle.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. Our team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

We're also available to assist via Social Media. Please send us a private message to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

57ride
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Huawei Dongle

thanks Jono will post the question on ya FB group

0 Kudos
Top Contributors