Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

How long has Optus been advertising the Ipad Pro 12.9 knowing they have no stock

DoItRight

Hello Optus, just wanted to bring to your attention to Australian Consumer Law section 35

35  Bait advertising

(1)  A person must not, in trade or commerce, advertise goods or services for supply at a specified price if:

(a)  there are reasonable grounds for believing that the person will not be able to offer for supply those goods or services at that price for a period that is, and in quantities that are, reasonable, having regard to:

(i)  the nature of the market in which the person carries on business; and

(ii)  the nature of the advertisement; and

(b)  the person is aware or ought reasonably to be aware of those grounds.

Note:          A pecuniary penalty may be imposed for a contravention of this subsection.

(2)  A person who, in trade or commerce, advertises goods or services for supply at a specified price must offer such goods or services for supply at that price for a period that is, and in quantities that are, reasonable having regard to:

(a)  the nature of the market in which the person carries on business; and

(b)  the nature of the advertisement.

Note:          A pecuniary penalty may be imposed for a contravention of this subsection.

So far for the last 6 months you have said you will have stock, or coming soon and never arrives. I was attempted to be down sold another product when I last chatted.

So I ask you to pull advertising the 12.9 Ipad Pro from your websites until you physically have stock. 

Thanks

Re: How long has Optus been advertising the Ipad Pro 12.9 knowing they have no stock

Panny

Whats also concerning is that I went in to an Optus Shop in Perth on Tuesday and was told that the 12.9" iPad Pro "has gone end of life and the 10.5" is the replacement model". 

Pretty concerning.

Re: How long has Optus been advertising the Ipad Pro 12.9 knowing they have no stock

KymBo

Just got told in store today that there's a 'stop sale' on the 12.9 yet the Optus website keeps advertising it as coming soon. Plenty of 12.9's being used for marketing in the store maybe sell stock to your customers before using stock for advertising? 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
9 Kudos
7 Kudos
5 Kudos
4 Kudos
3 Kudos