Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Hotspot fails to be discoverable if not used, or timed out

Leele

Ever since I changed to Optus (2 weeks ago), each time I’ve have to use my iPhone as a hotspot, I have needed to wake it up by going to settings->Personal Hotspot (which is already ON) and then suddenly my iPad connects to the hotspot. This is both unusual and frustrating for me as I have not needed to do this when I’ve been with other carriers and providers that use the Optus network (Spintel). Are there Optus settings that I need to keep my hotspot discoverable, without me needing to access my phone settings each time I connect with my iPad? Thanks, iPhone 5c

Re: Hotspot fails to be discoverable if not used, or timed out

Jeneral__Pain

This isn't Optus blocking your hot spot, this is your iPhone putting it to sleep when it's not needed to conserve battery power. 

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3010344

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

Leele

Thanks very much for responding. Much appreciated. I’m not sure saving battery power is the answer as my iPhone was not doing this before I switched to Optus. Furthermore I borrowed a friends SIM on Telstra and the hotspot was discoverable without me needing to go back into the phone settings each time I wanted to connect. I think I better call them up to see what can be done. 

Solution

Leele

After talking to Optus, they got me to reset BOTH my iPads and iPhone network settings. ALL FIXED! No more having to wake up my personal hotspot to make it discoverable for devices wanting to connect. 👍🏼. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
18 Kudos
6 Kudos
5 Kudos
4 Kudos
3 Kudos