cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

Danzo2k
New Contributor
New Contributor

Help needed asap

Hello my name is bailey danzic

I was going to be getting a phone in someone elses name till i turn 18 and then have it tranfrered into my name but i do not have a credit rating that i know of and I've worked out that i would be able to afford the monthy repayments once its transfered into my name, i was wondering if this would affect this??

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
2 Replies
caaf
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Help needed asap

Hi Bailey,

Who knows how the Optus credit check works but I will add, if you’ve not borrowed anything it kinda means that you don’t have a bad credit rating either.. The only real way to find out if it’s doable is to follow through with the customer to customer transfer and see what happens.

Note,  Nothing comes of creating multiple threads with the same subject minutes apart! It just creates confusion and frustration to any individuals that reply. Also this is a community based forum and we the serving public don’t work 24/7 although there is a heavy presence of both supporting fellow customers and Optus team members. All you need is a little more patients!

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Help needed asap

Hi Bailey,

Credit ratings start off fairly neutral so something like a modest phone plan should be no issue. The ratings aren't designed to be a catch 22. Worst case scenario you may simply have to keep paying for the phone while it remains in someone elses name but it sounds like they would be supportive of that?

In the mean time if you want to improve your credit score then I would suggest ... getting a credit card Smiley Surprised. This should be fairly easy (unfortunately). Maybe set it up to direct debit pay the monthly amount for the phone. Then pay the card off in full each month (i.e. the phone bill). This creates a credit record and also (importantly) a payment record which materially improves your credit rating. The important thing is to put the card away the rest of the time (give it to your parents or something). Few people know that Star Wars is actually a George Lucas commentary on credit cards - there's a light and a dark side Smiley Surprised

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Top Contributors