cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor Jaredbrown20
New Contributor

Flex upgrade iPhone XS preorder

Hi. Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else but I am looking into upgrading my leased iPhone 7 on a my flex plan to the iPhone XS. If I pre order the iPhone online, will I be able to send my iPhone 7 back when my new phone arrives or do I need to pre order at an  Optus store?

thanks. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Flex upgrade iPhone XS preorder

The flex upgrade process is fairly fixed. It involves a third party I believe. Pre Ordering is probably not an option for you. 

Note that when you upgrade from a $500 device to a $2000 device you will need to pay the difference in monthly plans.

I'd also suggest a leased plan is risky. It saves a few $ a month but if your phone is lost, damaged or stolen then you'll need to pay to replace it when your contract expires. Make sure its insured on a lease. If its not lost then you have to give back $1200 worth of phone back to Optus (having saved $200 in fees) instead of being able to sell it on eBay for that tidy sum.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos