cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Uce
New Contributor

Feeling Stuck - Stolen Phone

Today i have had my phone stolen and i am on a plan, not sure where to go from here.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Crowd Champion caaf
Crowd Champion

Re: Feeling Stuck - Stolen Phone

That's no good indeed!

I hope the following link helps. Lost-stolen-or-found-your-mobile-device

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Yep, nothing less fun that paying for something you don't have. 

@caaf gave some good practical tips. 

When you contact Optus they should be able to tell you how much finalising the contract will cost. Often there's no or only a little cancellation fee on the plan itself. You'll just need to pay the remaining handset fees part. optus usually subsidise the handset fee while you are on contract 

Usually a better option is to just buy/borrow another phone and Optus will give you another SIM and you just continue off paying as you did before. The contract ends and you are done - you just don't have the phone that was stolen. You could get a pretty good cheap one for under $300. Second hand on eBay? 

I'm not a fan of Extended Warranties etc but with phones its probably worth paying the insurance. Optus has its offering but I'd also look to see if you can't insure your phone under your home contents insurance (if that's an option)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Surprised how good the huawei y3ii is that i got from the optus outlet on ebay for $48.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors