Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
BecLeslie
New Contributor
New Contributor

End of lease

I’m curious to know what the buy back figure is if my phone is very slightly cracked... it states that the figure is determined by what Optus could onsell to a third party, so wouldn’t that include the crack if I’m happy to have the phone that way. I want to keep my phone but can’t understand how if I’ve already paid more than what the phone is worth, you want me to pay another almost $500 as I was quoted recently.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jono_YC

Re: End of lease

Hi @BecLeslie, thanks for reaching out. The Device fee to keep your phone will remain the same regardless of the condition the phone is in. 

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. Our team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

We're also available to assist via Social Media. Please send us a private message to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: End of lease

As mentioned, Optus assume they phone is on perfect condition when pricing it for your buy back.

Fwiw the lease plan is incredibly bad value. You assume all the risks and optus had last say in everything. No negotiation.

Get Optus to give you a payout figure. It's a fixed price that needs no examination of the handset. Then make your decisions.

0 Kudos