Enable Mobile Data

How do I add my apple watch to my existing iphone mobile plan

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Enable Mobile Data

If you have a cellular apple watch and your iphone is on an optus postpaid plan then you go through the setup thats built into the watch.
Though as I got my watch from optus you may need to contact optus support directly for them to setup the functionality on the phone plan as from memory its a minimum of $5 for the numbershare feature.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for replying. But I am still unclear.

I have an iPhone on a postpaid plan. After that plan was activated I purchased an Apple watch. I have activated Number Sharing with the watch and the iPhone and that works OK. I accept that the Number Sharing service is an additional $5 per month. 

I do not know if the Number Sharing  process includes Mobile Data access. Or are those two processes completely separate.

When I open the Watch app on the iPhone then click on 'Mobile' a window opens, initially connecting to Optus and saying 'Loading Plan'. Then the window changes to:

'Set Up Mobile

When your Apple Watch is not connected to your iPhone, you can continue to make and receive calls and access apps using mobile data. To enable mobile data, add your Apple Watch to your existing iPhone mobile plan.' [Emphasis mine]

It is this last sentence which has me confused. I do not know how to do this. Or is such advice superfluous as I already have my 'Number Sharing' activated.

If the latter statement is correct then why do I receive regular messages from Optus to my phone telling me I could not set up mobile data.

Sorry to be long winded but I am very new to this watch thing and am just in the process of setting it up. The local Optus shop has not been very helpful and in any case is now closed.

Thanks for any advice.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Any gurus out there able to assist?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor