Searching...

Mobile

Dual Sim for iPhone XS

d_mck

Can someone tell me why we can't use dual sim on these new phones? 

Re: Dual Sim for iPhone XS

Paddylee

Because one is the standard nano sim and the other is e-sim.

Carriers will use the nano sim just like every other phone, from my reading only 10 providers in the world actually support e-sims (outside of the number share functionality for apple watch).

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Highlighted

d_mck

Telstra have comfirmed with me that there is an Telsta run update that will enable the feature.

Will Optus be doing the same?

Paddylee

Hard to say if they will, but seeing that the device has a nano sim physical slot like every other phone i dont see a need as such.

The service is still being delivered and your free to find a secondary provider that accepts esims.

Esims add a further layer of complexity that has to be infegrated into a carriers network and this comes at a cost which would be passed down to the end users.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

d_mck

So are you saying that Optus wouldn't be blocking the eSim at all & then just add another number through numbershare?

Paddylee

How would optus block the esim - thats tied to the device.

Optus would provide you a nanosim in order to use the service. 

In the future when systems are upgraded then we will see esims being used. 

Had a look on Telstras facebook page and some of the questions asked by their customers about esims in new iphones are met with "dont have any information about it and asks you to register interest"

d_mck

Just confirmed with Optus that I can have my personal number requested for numbershare to use in the eSim & the business number I'll just use the nano sim for business number, it will be a godsend..

Paddylee

And they probixed up with esim for apple watch. 

As per

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/mobile/phones/iphone/iphone-xs?SID=con:home:afeat:1:sep18Smiley Tongueostmob:iphone:...

Optus does not offer dual SIM capabilities.

d_mck

So what do you believe? Can anyone confirm this further?

Paddylee

@Dan_C perhaps if your awake you could check with someone at Optus

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
13 Kudos
6 Kudos
5 Kudos
5 Kudos
4 Kudos