Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor deeryn
New Contributor

Do Optus prepaid SIM cards expire

I would like to understand if Optus prepaid SIM cards expire? I understand that credit expires after 28 days etc. but if the phone is not topped up what is the period between top ups when the sim card expires? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Do Optus prepaid SIM cards expire

6 months from the expiry of your last recharge

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Do Optus prepaid SIM cards expire

It's mentioned on your plan CIS @deeryn.

For example, the Optus Prepaid Epic Data plan

" To keep your service active, you need to recharge 186 days from your credit expiry, otherwise you may require a new SIM card to use the service and you may not be able to continue using your mobile number. "

It's also worth mentioning that SIM cards also have a set expiry date. If the SIM isn't activated before the expiry date, you'll need to purchase a new SIM card. If you purchase a SIM from a retailer other than Optus. It's always worthwhile checking the SIM expiry date. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors