Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Delivery Delays?

I’m curious if anybody knows roughly what the estimated delays in mobile deliveries will be with the shortages and virus going on? I’ve ordered a new mobile and received an order number ending in A bit when I go on the app and click on the new service it still just says pending.
Cheers 🙂
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Delivery Delays?

That's nothing new with Optus deliveries. The communication and tracking is minimal. If there is a wait on stack then it will be just that, a wait. You should get an SMS when it leaves the warehouse.

All you can do is try contact Optus and ask someone to look into the order for you. They need to contact people in the warehouse (so call in business hours).
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I’ve done just that, the person I spoke to on live chat said that my order was at the Warehouse for Handset Allocation Process. He also said I should be waiting no longer that 7 more days so fingers crossed 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Delays are due to the Warehousing provider Optus uses (as do numerous other companies) - Toll - they were hacked for the second time this year.

Parents ordered 2 x iPhones on the morning of the 4th May, no tracking or updates. One arrived last Friday and no ETA on the second one.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Second time? That's unfortunate. Still leaves me wondering why Optus has not organised a backup contract with another courier?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

The iPhone received last Friday was from DHL, so looks like Optus is using them instead of toll at the moment. Still missing a phone so thats pretty annoying.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos