Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Data usage IPAD

Hi Optus

i have just returned from overseas on the 1st of March and turned the data on my sons ipad on the 2nd of march.

i have just received and email advising that 5.6GB has already been used of 10GB we receive a month as my son has been using youtube kids.

when we first joined we went over multiple times as the optus emails were going to my junk mail thankfully the optus rep assisted us in good will and credited half the anount and advised me to ensure to turn mobile data OFF when the ipad is not in use even though when we are at home the ipad is commected to wifi.

All the apps on the ipad have push notifications OFF , wifi assist is turned off , all apps except abc kids and  netflix have mobile data usage turned off and you tube kids has to be turned on manually when is has to be used. 

BEtween the 2nd and 3rd of march i allowed my son to use youtube kids to be used in the car for the short drives which was in total about 1.5 /2 hours over the two days.

my question is - how is it possible to have used 5.6GB FOR 2 hours of usage on mobile data when prior to opening an account and locking myself in for 24 months with optus my son would use my phone to watch youtube kids  i get 4GB of internet a month and we never once went over (i am with vodafone) the usage would end ususlly a few days before my data was to be reset.

i hinestly think there is   a problem and would like to have it investigated as it is not possible 5.6GB IS alot of data and if i am connected to wifi i shouldn’t have to turn mobile data off aswell

please look into it and gget back to me ASAP Pls

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Data usage IPAD

Hey @Aportal88 - it's definitely possible to use 5GB in 2 hours if streaming is consistent and in high definition. Especially whilst using a tablet. I can double check the usage for you, however I can confirm all data that we receive is registered directly from the SIM card in the device. Can you please PM me with your account details, full name and DOB so we can take a look? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello

how do i PM You? And how do i know if youtube kids is ln HD or not? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Sorry message just sent now 😀

0 Kudos