cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor AaronDCruz
Occasional Contributor

Credit check time

How long do credit checks generally take?

I applied for an iPhone 11 about 6 days ago. Only a temp confirmation number was sent. Whenever I contact Optus, I get a reply saying, the confirmation will be sent within 24 hours. Seems like im going around in circles

Anybody have any idea? 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit check time

Optus internal credit checks should come back ok within the day but the TPP checks can take 3+ business days. But from the sounds of a temporary order number it could mean the credit check could have failed . I suggest calling customer service to get clarification on your order because from the date your temporary order was recieved it should only take 24-48h to receive the confirmation order
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Checked again today, was given the same reply .... Will have a confirmation in 24 hours (Apparently the credit check still hasn't happened) 

Extremely frustrating 

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Who did you speak with? Sometimes it takes speaking to the right person to get you where you need to be! If I were you I'd call them back again , escalate the issue to a Manager to see if they can get a quicker response from the credit check and go from there.

@AaronDCruz wrote:

Checked again today, was given the same reply .... Will have a confirmation in 24 hours (Apparently the credit check still hasn't happened) 

Extremely frustrating 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I just spoke to somebody from the sales department. Ill call again tomorrow and see how I go
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Don't talk to Sales , try to talk to customer service . All the best
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Will do so in the morning. Thanks heaps
0 Kudos