Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
AaronDCruz
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Credit check time

How long do credit checks generally take?

I applied for an iPhone 11 about 6 days ago. Only a temp confirmation number was sent. Whenever I contact Optus, I get a reply saying, the confirmation will be sent within 24 hours. Seems like im going around in circles

Anybody have any idea? 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MRSKNOWITALL
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit check time

Optus internal credit checks should come back ok within the day but the TPP checks can take 3+ business days. But from the sounds of a temporary order number it could mean the credit check could have failed . I suggest calling customer service to get clarification on your order because from the date your temporary order was recieved it should only take 24-48h to receive the confirmation order
0 Kudos
AaronDCruz
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Checked again today, was given the same reply .... Will have a confirmation in 24 hours (Apparently the credit check still hasn't happened) 

Extremely frustrating 

0 Kudos
MRSKNOWITALL
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Who did you speak with? Sometimes it takes speaking to the right person to get you where you need to be! If I were you I'd call them back again , escalate the issue to a Manager to see if they can get a quicker response from the credit check and go from there.

@AaronDCruz wrote:

Checked again today, was given the same reply .... Will have a confirmation in 24 hours (Apparently the credit check still hasn't happened) 

Extremely frustrating 

0 Kudos
AaronDCruz
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I just spoke to somebody from the sales department. Ill call again tomorrow and see how I go
0 Kudos
MRSKNOWITALL
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Don't talk to Sales , try to talk to customer service . All the best
0 Kudos
AaronDCruz
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Will do so in the morning. Thanks heaps