cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor CatsOnMats
Occasional Contributor

Crashing iPhone 6 Plus

I am having issues with my iPhone 6 Plus.  Since updating to iOS 11.2, and I hope I'm not blaming that unnecessarily, the phone has been slow to respond, the battery seems to be running down quickly and now the phone crashes every 1 - 2 mins, after which it asks for my passcode and works for about a minute then crashes again. I can make calls as long as I wait for the screen display to show and the call continues when the screen display shuts down. It's driving me crazy.  I have done all the obvious actions - soft shutdown of apps, hard shutdown and restart of phone, I've cleared off unnecessary apps so there is plenty of room left on it and I've backed it up manually as well as automatically.  Any suggestions for my next step please?  I need the phone to operate my Square Card Reader for my business and this can't happen, as it is.  

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Crowd Champion caaf
Crowd Champion

Re: Crashing iPhone 6 Plus

See existing thread Clicky

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, Dave. Yes, I’ve done that many times - with no success. It’s very frustrating. 

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion caaf
Crowd Champion

As you've backed it up (hopefully with a password as it'll save extra stuff) I can only think restoring the phone as new and run from there? 

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor EnegueWeil
Occasional Contributor

i've my ole trusty i6+ too. Have reverted back to ios 10.1.1. which seems to be the most stable. ios 11 on older devices such as ours, is just too taxing. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I’m thinking that may be my only option. Thanks again. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your suggestion. I will google how to do that but does it cause any loss of data or any other issues?  

0 Kudos
Top Contributors