cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor concerto
New Contributor

Charged international SMS for answering a national landline phone call with a message

A month ago I received a phone call from a contact one day at a meeting. I was not able to take the call; as my iPhone showed up an option to text the caller, I selected that option to send a message "Sorry, I can't talk right now." to the fixed line number, as I didn't realised my contact was calling from a landline number instead of a mobile phone.

Today when I received my bill, I found a charge for international SMS, which is unusual, so I checked my SMS history and found the offending message was that "Sorry, I can't talk right now", and it was sent to 0011 2 9xxx xxxx. The landline number is in a NSW number 02 9xxx xxxx.

Is this an incorrect charge? What can I do to avoid sending SMS to landline number in the future, other than paying more attention to the number of the incoming call? 

0 Kudos