Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mark11
New Contributor
New Contributor

Cellular not working on Apple Watch Series 6

Hi,

Has anybody experienced issues getting cellular to work with Optus? I have had number share activated, then watch paired and different versions of this process (including factory reset of watch) reversed and redone about 8 times in the last 3 days. I’ve visited the Optus Store, talked to Optus tech support and even had Apple + Optus on the line at same time trying to resolve it....my Apple Watch still gives me a “call failed” message every time I try to call. 

Looks like others have experienced similar issues in the past but it’s not clear what the actual solution was.

Thanks

Mark

0 Kudos
5 Replies
George_YC

Re: Cellular not working on Apple Watch Series 6

Hi @Mark11

Thank you for raising this issue and I'm sorry to hear you're having some problems with your Apple Watch and Number Share.

Please note that we’re unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media account, please then send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Mark11
New Contributor
New Contributor

I’ve already spent about 8 hours over the last few days trying to resolve this and it keeps failing. Optus support for the Apple watch is seriously lacking and I’m going to open a plan with Telstra tomorrow - really bad customer experience.
0 Kudos
Steven_YC

It's not great that you've been left feeling this way, @Mark11.

As George has mentioned above, we'd be more than happy to assist via the Facebook Or Twitter channels above. We'll be there if you need a hand with this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

cabkinn
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have been try since the end of October to get this working and have no luck at all I have spent over 50 hours talking to tech support and going into store I couldn’t be more cross Has any one gotten this to work 

0 Kudos
Serena_YC

Hi @cabkinn

Thanks for reaching out to us here. I am sorry to hear of the troubles you have had with activating Number Share on your Apple Watch. 

As we are unable to look into account details on this platform, I would suggest contacting our Social Media teams by sending a private message to the official Optus Facebook or Twitter page for further assistance. Please do provide our teams with any fault reference tickets that you have on hand when you get in touch. 

Top Contributors