cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Joshd1212121212
New Contributor

Cannot hear on phone call iphone

I cannot hear on phone calls. Icon to switch between speaker and handset is greyed out. 

I'm convinced its a network issue as I took out sim card and put it back in and that fixed it but only for a couple hours. 

At the same time imessage also stopped working and will not activate aswell saying its not connected to internet. 

Any help would be aprreciated. 

Ta

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Cannot hear on phone call iphone

Do you have any bluetooth devices connected to it? Watch, headphones, speaker, etc? 

I recently got a new smart watch and one setting I didn't know was even available was to answer calls through the watch. As in, I had to speak into and try and hear from the person through my watch. Was horrible. Anyway, thought this might be happening to you without realising. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Highlighted
New Contributor Joshd1212121212
New Contributor

Yeah I do have a smart watch and have been having to call through it. 

How do I change settings back? 

0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Not sure what the other guy is talking about....

What kind of smart watch do you have? I changed the settings on my smart watch itself (Samsung Galaxy) to not allow calls to come through

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos