cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor MikeLes
New Contributor

Cannot access Optus Sport on Apple TV

I have just purchased the Optus Sport App on iTunes but cannot access Optus Sport on Apple TV despite my subscription being confirmed and the ndicsted as due for renewal in one month on June 25th. Does it take a few days for the subscription to be activated?  Optus Sport Help told me this today but that sounds strange as subscriptions are usually instant these days? Help?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
New Contributor MikeLes
New Contributor

Re: Cannot access Optus Sport on Apple TV

Very strange! Immediately after posting my questions I suddenly received access to Optus Support. Either great customer service or a miracle. Who cares - problem resolved.

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I had another customer bring up the same issue earlier on the week. His issue was a bit different; he could access EPL content, but had no visibility over any of our pre-world cup content and international friendly matches. 

Do you have access to all the above? It could be that an update was pushed through recently.

Thanks for the update @MikeLes. If anything, else comes up, give us a shout! 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor MikeLes
New Contributor

All good now. I can access the pre World Cup friendliest as well as EPL content. Thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Maxsil
New Contributor

Hi.  I have the same issue.  I purchased the app but now it asks for a username and password ot watch Optus Sport.  What do I use?  My apple ID which I purchased the app with does not work???

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Maxsil, we'll double check that for you.

Can you send us a PM with your email address → http://yesopt.us/pmdan

I'll respond back as soon as I can. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi @Gtas

In response to your (Abuse?) report:
This does not answer my question, which is; I have had Apple TV for a few years and accessed the Optus Sport with no problems. A yesterday I tried to open the Optus sports App to watch the EPL and the system advised that there is an update and subsequently recommended to update. However, on initiating the update it goes into a continuous loop and the update does not complete?? Have tried resetting all items involved many times and still have the same problem?? Meantime I can access every other app with no problems,other than OPTUS SPORT APP ???? Help

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the Optus Sport app?
Do you have the app on other devices e.g. a mobile phone and had the same issue?
If needed, you can log a support case with the Optus Sport technical team from the Optus Sport website:

1. Make sure you are logged in with your registered Optus Sport username and password

2. Go to: https://sport.optus.com.au/help

3. Enter a title for your issue

4. Select a relevant category for you issue from the drop down list

5. Briefly describe the issue you are having. Any detail you provide here will help us resolve your issue as quickly as possible

6. You can upload an image or screenshot if it’s relevant to the issue and will help identify the problem

7. Press Submit

8. We will send you an email with your reference number

9. An agent will review your issue and come back with a resolution or contact you via an in-app notification for more information

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos