cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Can you number share with a sim plan?

I am considering getting an apple watch and want to number share but am unsure if I can do it with only a sim plan or once my current phone plan no longer requires me to pay off the phone (would only be paying the data)?

I wouldn't be buying the watch through Optus - just wanting to number share.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Can you number share with a sim plan?

There's no difference for plans before or after you pay off the phone. Plans are a totally separate contract to the payment for the phone. So if you've paid yours off then you are now just on the exact same (data) plan as before. So if you could number share then, you can number share now.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @Emma_96, is your mobile service with Optus as well? You can number share your watch with a sim only plan or a month to month plan with us. Our watch $10 plan comes with number share included. You just pair with your Optus mobile as cellular and you are good to go. Please refer to our Number share → support page for more info. 

However if your mobile service is with another provider then you need to confirm if they support number share and if any charges apply from their side.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

Yes currently my phone is with Optus however my plan is about to come to an end and I was just going to switch to a month to month sim plan for my phone. I wanted to make sure that I could still do the $5 a month number share (for my watch) with a month to month sim plan for my phone (not a month to month plan for my watch).
0 Kudos
Highlighted

HI @Emma_96 yes you can still continue with the $5 / month number share on your mobile even after your contract finishes and you change to the new sim only plans.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I don’t currently number share - am checking to see if that is a possibility - even if I aim to go onto it once my plan no longer includes phone repayments or if I chose to go onto a different sim only plan.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @Emma_96 if you are referring to your specific current mobile plans then we need to look into your account. However we don`t have access to customers account on this public forum. In general yes it is still possible. You are best to speak with our support team via the → messaging service to look into this for you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

" even if I aim to go onto it once my plan no longer includes phone repayments or if I chose to go onto a different sim only plan."

That's not a relevant factor. Just organise number sharing now. There's nothing else you need to do other than pay the $5 extra a month.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors