Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

Can't Redeem my Beats Solo3 Promo Code because the System wouldn't accept my Delivery Address

BMT6

I recently upgraded my Optus Plan (iPhone) and received my Promo Code via a text, to claim the 'Bonus Beats Solo3 Wireless Headset'. 

I went to "https://offer.optus.com.au/bonusoffer" to redeem my offer. The promo code validation was a success.  I was then prompted to enter the delivery address. However, the system wouldn't accept my address because of the validations on the 'Unit Number' and 'Street Number' fields.

In the Page, an address needs to be entered into the following fields:

Unit Number: ENTER UNIT NUMBER(IF APPLICABLE)
Street Number: ENTER STREET NUMBER
Street Name: ENTER STREET NAME
Suburb: ENTER SUBURB NAME
Postcode: ENTER POSTCODE
State/Territory: ACT, NSW, NT, WA, QLD, TAS, VIC

My address looks somewhat like this:

<Name of the complex>, 20B Street Name, Suburb STATE 1234

When I key in my address in the fields provided in the page, here are the errors that I see:

Unit Number: 20B

Please enter a unit number
Street Number: <Blank> since there is no street number

Please enter a street number

Street Name: < Street Name>

Suburb: <SUBURB>

Postcode: 1234

State/Territory: STATE

I reached out to the customer service but they were unable to help me out with this and suggested I take a walk to one of the Optus Stores. Smiley Surprised

Now, how am I supposed to redeem this promo code when the System Refuses to allow me to, by Refusing me to enter My Residential Address, which very much exists and is a 100% valid Australian Postal Address, where 1000s of items, from 100s of different websites, originating from 10s of countries, from 4 different continents have been delivered without failure for months nowSmiley Sad

Any help in resolving this issue would be immensely apprecited. Smiley Indifferent

Also added the Screenshot below:

OptusPromoCodeRedeemIssue.JPG

Re: Can't Redeem my Beats Solo3 Promo Code because the System wouldn't accept my Delivery Address

Paddylee

I would have thought

Unit Number: B
Street Number: 20

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Highlighted

Re: Can't Redeem my Beats Solo3 Promo Code because the System wouldn't accept my Delivery Address

BMT6

OptusPromoCodeRedeemIssue01.JPG

Thanks but it didn't help. Smiley Frustrated

Solution

Paddylee

B is a valid unit number though, who ever designed that page obviously didnt think that through.

It wont just allow unit ffield to be blank.

Street number to be 20B?

If that fails then unit blank, street as 20 and address type UNIT B STREETNAME

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

BMT6

I do agree with you there. However, I have been trying different possible combinations and having 'B' as a unit number isn't going to work (provided, if it accepted a letter) specially because, this is what the address would look like if it did:

B/20 Street Name, Suburb STATE 1234

I tried that with a number in the 'Unit Number' field.

Somewhere there is designer who was paid obscene amount of money to design this with the instruction, don't make it easy for anyone to get any free stuff (technically it's not but still) from us (Optus) with whatever promo code it is. Just an afterthought.

BMT6

There is a workaround, but it doesn't look neat. There is every possibility that they'll mess up the delivery.

OptusPromoCodeRedeemIssue02.jpg

AlistarS

Hey @BMT6 , we've raised this directly with the product team last night, so hopefully we can provide a fix shortly.

I'll keep you updated here.

AlistarS

I've had a response from product they said it should now be working, are you able to try the address again? @BMT6 

Please let me know how it goes Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
BMT6

Thanks @AlistarS .

I am afraid I won't be able to test this as I went ahead yesterday with redeeming the code with the following Address format:

20 UnitB StreetName, Suburb STATE 1234.

I hope the Headset gets delivered with out any issues.

Just curious, if it's possible in any way for you to get hold of my Order Details & have the address updated in it!

Damn, I should have waited until today. Smiley Frustrated

Solution

[ Edited ]
AlistarS

Hi @BMT6 I just spoke to the product team and advised me that the order didn't flow through to the warehouse.

Can you please Private Message me with your address & mobile number to get this updated.

Thank you!

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
13 Kudos
9 Kudos
9 Kudos
8 Kudos
8 Kudos