Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Occasional Contributor nofadov
Occasional Contributor

Re: Can not unlock iPhone 5 on Optus

Any news on the unlock of my iPhone 5 on Optus? 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Gen_R
RetiredModerator

Hey Nofadov - I've just pushed it through. Wipe the phone and then try again for me. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Gen_R
RetiredModerator

Awesome. Much appreciated 🙂

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Davey
New Contributor

Hi there

I'm having the same problem. I'm overseas and need to unlock my replacement 5s handset operating os9. It's brand new so no need to restore I think.

any help please?

0 Kudos
Moderator Alistar

Hi Davey, can you also PM me with some details so I can help you 🙂 Al

0 Kudos
New Contributor Adder
New Contributor

Hi,

I'm having the same issue as these guys.

im overseas with my iPhone 5c and I've put a new sim in here that comes up with an error saying sim not valid and that the phone is locked.

Ive used the online chat with Optus who say it's unlocked (I've got the latest iOS and have restored the phone 3 times) but apple says it's still locked.

Could I please get some help to unlock my phone?

0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hi @Adder

So sorry to hear that you're still experiencing issues with getting your handset unlocked. 

Could you please send a PM with your mobile number, full name, DOB also your IMEI number for your handset so we can further investigate the issue for you.

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Julianab
New Contributor

Hello,

I'm having the same problem. I have an iphone 5 and have updated to the latest software 10.3.3 and restored the phone via itunes multiple times but still saying invalid sim. I have been into the Optus store twice, called technical support 4 times and talked to someone on the live chat but no one can give me answers and nothing has been resolved. Optus tell me it's an Apple problem and to call Apple. I call Apple and they tell me it's locked to Optus and theres nothing Apple can do and to contact Optus. This has been going on for 2 weeks now which is ridiculous. I also feel as though I've been kicked around like a soccer ball in a big loop. Glad i found this thread, hopefully this issue can finally be fixed. Any help please?

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

@Julianab sorry for the issues. I can escalate this internally if you send me a private message with the below information

Full Name:

DOB:
MSN: (Number used with IMEI)
IMEI:
Handset Make:
Handset Model:
Send Network Unlock Code via SMS or Email to: 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Julianab
New Contributor

Hello, it has now been a week and I haven't heard anything back from you. Can you please give me an update. Thanks

0 Kudos
Top Contributors